Coombra





Coombra

Type :
Wooden paddlewheel steam ship
Launched  :
1872
Builder :
Rock Davis
Blackwall, NSW
Gross weight :
45 tons
Dimensions :
78.20 x 12.30 x 5.40 (feet)
Passenger capacity :
unknown
Speed :
unknown

Coombra (sometimes mis-spelt as Cowper) was built for the North Shore Ferry Company and worked in the Neutral Bay area for around four years after her launch.

By 1876 the ferry had been sold to William Harmer who operated her along with Golden Rose and the ever-present Phantom in the first scheduled runs to Watsons Bay.

Around 1886 Coombra was again sold, this time to the North Shore Ferry Company. Under their control she ran on the busy Milsons Point to Circular Quay route.

Coombra was burn out in 1888.


Navigation