In designing & researching a site such as this one, an
enormous amount of research needs to be done. Apart from the
traditional methods (books, newspapers, etc) there's also been quite a
bit of walking around the harbour & a lot of travelling on the
ferries as well.
So, onto the credits & thanks :
- Glen Simmons-Levett - scanning our photos & postcards &
proof-reading the (many) pages that make up the site, also for being
dragged around the harbour on various side-trips in search of that
elusive picture or piece of evidence.
- Richard Matterson (of Matterson Marine), Christopher Verdich,
Nicholas Patrick, Peter Tonkes, Roderick Smith, James Jenkinson, Jeff
Gordon & others for contributing images & information.
- Various Australian Federal & State government websites for
invaluable information - special thanks to the Australian National
Library, State Libraries of NSW, Victoria, Queensland & Tasmania
for giving permission to reprint images from their vast
- The following authors from which I've researched much material -
A M Prescott, Graeme Andrews, Tom Mead, Dale Budd, Randall Wilson &
others who have published booklets & pamphlets.
- The records of Sydney Ferries Limited & The Port Jackson
& Manly Steamship Company Ltd.
- Various tourist brochures & guides of the day that have
proved of vast help.
- Anyone else I may have missed!
- The builders, crewmen & women & companies that have
provided us with such an excellent ferry service over the last two and
a bit centuries
- Finally, the vessels themselves - which is what this site is all