|Wooden steam ship
Berry's Bay, NSW
|Gross weight :
|78.40 x 16.60 x 6.80
x 16.60 x 6.80 (feet) after 1898
|Passenger capacity :
Eagle was built for the Parramatta River - Hunters Hill - Lane Cove
routes and ran on these until 1898 when a bolier flash (caused by a
pressure drop in the boiler which creates turbulent conditions and
forces steam out of the boiler) killed one of her engineers.
As Cygnet, she is known to have had a run in with the Colac in October
She was withdrawn from service and rebuilt, re-emerging with a new name
- Cygnet II.
She was one of the fleet of small ferries absorbed into Sydney Ferries
Limited when they began expanding their business in the early years of
the 20th century.
She was sold to private concerns in 1931 who converted her into a
houseboat. No information is available as to her final disposal.