Killara







Killara


Type :
unknown
Launched  :
unknown
Builder :
unknown
unknown
Gross weight :
unknown
Dimensions :
unknown
Passenger capacity :
unknown
Speed :
unknown

Operated by the Upper Lane Cover Ferry Company Ltd. This vessel and two others (one being the Native Rose) operated from around 1908 on the upper reaches of the Lane Cove River.

They could more accurately be described as launches rather than ferries due to their very small size. However they provided a regular service to the people living along the river. On weekends they also ran excursions to the local picnic spots on the river, chief amongst them "Fairyland" at Swans Picnic Ground.

The service ran as far as Killara (at the foot of Fiddens Wharf Road) but only as the tide permitted.

The company seems to have died off around 1918.


Navigation