|Wooden screw steamer
|Morrison & Sinclair Ltd
|Gross weight :
|115.80 x 24.00 x 10.20 (feet)
|Passenger capacity :
Lady Northcote was the oddest looking of the lady class ferries. Her
twin funnels were placed to the extreme ends of the vessel, behind each
Lady Northcote was a single screw vessel and she was chosen as an
experiment to convert her to diesel in 1936 (other double screw Ladies
had already been converted in 1933). After the opening of the bridge in
1932, Sydney Ferries Ltd rationalised their fleet dramatically. As part
of this rationalisation, they converted many of the older ferries from
coal burning to cheaper diesel engines.
Lady Northcote does not appear to have been a success after conversion.
By 1941 was she was sold and hulked. Her hull was scuttled at Pittwater
Lady Nortcote was the first double ended Sydney ferry built with a