Lobelia






Lobelia

Type :
Wooden screw steamer
Launched  :
1886
Builder :
J Lynch
Balmain, NSW
Gross weight :
50 tons
Dimensions :
75.00 x 18.70 x 5.70 (feet)
Passenger capacity :
365
Speed :
unknown

Lobelia was originally owned by the Joubert family and operated from the Fig Tree Wharf on the Lane Cove River to the Erskine Street terminus while under their control.

She was sold to the Bamain New Ferry Company and then later again to Sydney Ferries Ltd. In 1918 she was again sold, this time to Harbour & River Lighterage who ran her as a cargo vessel. She received new engines in 1921& remained in service until 1932 when the new Sydney Harbour Bridge rendered her obsolete.

Her final fate is unknown.


Navigation