|Wooden steam ship
Berry's Bay, NSW
|Gross weight :
|108.60 x 18.40 x 7.60 (feet)
|Passenger capacity :
Wallaby was Sydney's first double ended screw propelled ferry. She was
also the first Sydney ferry for many years to have her fore and aft
passenger cabins fully glazed, something her passengers in winter would
have appreciated no doubt. She had no outside seating on her lower deck
but her top deck was fully open.
Wallaby spent her entire career servicing the Milson's Point, Mosman
and Neutral Bay areas.
Wallaby had one other 'first'. On the night of the 26th of August 1905
Mrs Frances Mary Casey gave birth to a daughter on the ferry.
Apparently the lady made no fuss, simply informing the crew prior to
the arrival of the ferry at Milsons Point.
From 1918 until 1926 Wallaby operated as a cargo vessel for Sydney
In 1926 she was sold to be broken up.